Virtual Birthday Party
- Each virtual birthday party includes one of the Species Spotlight animal encounters (described below) for you and up to 25 guests. You will receive a Zoom invite one week before your party that you can then forward to your guests. After the animal encounter, you will be able to visit virtually with your guests for the remainder of the one hour Zoom session (around 30 minutes or so depending on the length of the animal encounter and number of questions asked during the program.)
- We offer two different tiers of animal encounters--see below for more information on each.
- Pricing is based on the tier you choose.
- The virtual animal encounter will last 15-30 minutes.
- All virtual parties must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- We would love to be able to offer you your choice of animal in each of the tiers, but unfortunately that is not possible. Zoos are very fluid places with things constantly changing. The comfort and safety of our animals is our top priority, so sometimes animals may become unavailable last minute for habitat maintenance, weather reasons, health concerns or staffing. You will receive a high-quality and fun program no matter which animal visits you virtually. Please feel free to make a request and we will do our best to meet it.
To Book: Please contact the Zoo's Education Department at 336-879-7715 or email Kathy.email@example.com your request.
Species Spotlight Tiers
Each option offers a slightly different experience, so please choose from the following Tiers:
Tier 1: Animals Up Close - Get up close and virtual with our animal ambassadors. Your guide will introduce you to the ambassador/s and tell you about the species and share their personal history. Your guest ambassador may be a tarantula, frog, salamander, tortoise, snake, rabbit, or bird.
$60 for one ambassador; $100 for two ambassadors
Tier 2: Animals from the Path - Your guide will take you into the Zoo and introduce you to some of our residents from the path. You will learn more about the individuals and some of the work the Zoo is doing with the species at the Zoo or in the wild. This encounter will be hosted from the public viewing side of the habitat. Examples of animals in this tier are cougars, seals, alligators, arctic fox, flamingos or lions. $80
Birthday Party Packages (Currently not available)
Looking to celebrate your child's birthday in a unique way? Invite your family and friends to join the Zoo's education team for a fun, educational and hassle-free birthday party. Each birthday party lasts up to one-and-a-half hours and can be scheduled Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. Birthday parties are held in the RTI's Play & Learn Center located behind Kidzone, the nature play area in North America.
Birthday Parties are offered year round. We offer parties for children aged 4 years and up:
|Number of Participants
||Complete Party Package*
(Children ages 4 and up)
|Up to 15
*NC Zoo Society members receive a 15% discount off complete party package price.
Complete party packages for children ages 4 years and older include:
- Zoo admission for pre-registered guests (25 people maximum due to room size). Admission Passes (e-tickets) will be emailed upon receipt of final numbers and payment (no later than two weeks before party date.)
- Room Rental for one and a half hours
- Party Set-Up: all paper goods and table décor including candles
- Education Program (choose from themes listed below)
- Animal Ambassador Encounter
- Cake, ice cream, popcorn, & pink lemonade or water (no outside food allowed)
- Party Clean-Up
Education program is age appropriate and based on one of the following themes:
- African Safari
- Fairy Friends (costumes encouraged)
- Survival 101 (fort building, outdoor camp fire)
- Three Bears (Polar, Brown and Black Bears)
To register, please call 336.879.7715 or email. A deposit of $125 will hold the day and time until you can send in the balance due two weeks prior to the party. Credit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders can be made out to NC Zoo Society, re: birthday party and mailed to North Carolina Zoo, Attention Kathy Osborne at 4401 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro, NC 27205.
Below are additional ideas to help you coordinate your special day for your loved one.
- Discounted admission tickets for groups over 15 people (call 336.879.7700 for advance tickets)
- Picnic areas (public picnic areas: first-come first-served)
- Private picnic areas: (reservation only), please call 336.879.7700 for details and to reserve catering
- NC Zoo Society Deck rental for members only (please contact NC Zoo Society)
Please note the Zoo’s hours change based on the time of year:
April through October: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
November through March: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly asked questions about birthday parties can be found here.