Birthday Party Packages
Looking to celebrate your child's birthday in a unique way? Invite your family and friends to join the Zoo's education team for a fun, educational and hassle-free birthday party. Each birthday party lasts up to one-and-a-half hours and can be scheduled Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. Birthday parties are held in the RTI's Play & Learn Center located behind Kidzone, the nature play area in North America.
Birthday Parties are offered year round. We offer parties for children aged 4 years and up:
|Number of Participants
||Complete Party Package*
(Children ages 4 and up)
|Up to 15
*NC Zoo Society members receive a 15% discount off complete party package price.
Complete party packages for children ages 4 years and older include:
- Zoo admission for pre-registered guests (25 people maximum due to room size). Admission Passes (e-tickets) will be emailed upon receipt of final numbers and payment (no later than two weeks before party date.)
- Room Rental for one and a half hours
- Party Set-Up: all paper goods and table décor including candles
- Education Program (choose from themes listed below)
- Animal Ambassador Encounter
- Cake, ice cream, popcorn, & pink lemonade or water (no outside food allowed)
- Party Clean-Up
Education program is age appropriate and based on one of the following themes:
- African Safari
- Fairy Friends (costumes encouraged)
- Survival 101 (fort building, outdoor camp fire)
- Three Bears (Polar, Brown and Black Bears)
To register, please call 336.879.7715 or email. A deposit of $125 will hold the day and time until you can send in the balance due two weeks prior to the party. Credit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders can be made out to NC Zoo Society, re: birthday party and mailed to North Carolina Zoo, Attention Kathy Osborne at 4401 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro, NC 27205.
Below are additional ideas to help you coordinate your special day for your loved one.
- Discounted admission tickets for groups over 15 people (call 336.879.7700 for advance tickets)
- Picnic areas (public picnic areas: first-come first-served)
- Private picnic areas: (reservation only), please call 336.879.7700 for details and to reserve catering
- NC Zoo Society Deck rental for members only (please contact NC Zoo Society)
Please note the Zoo’s hours change based on the time of year:
April through October: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
November through March: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Commonly asked questions about birthday parties can be found here.