The North Carolina Zoo takes your online privacy seriously. So that you can understand what information we gather about you and what we do with it, we present you with this policy.
This policy also covers North Carolina Zoo's treatment of any personally identifiable information that North Carolina Zoo's business partners share with the North Carolina Zoo.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the North Carolina Zoo does not own or control, or to people that the North Carolina Zoo does not employ or manage, or to sites that we link.
Information We Collect and What We Do with It
The North Carolina Zoo collects personally identifiable information when you when you visit the North Carolina Zoo website and records this information on our web server logs.
This information includes your IP address, browser type, where you're coming to us from (the page your leaving), North Carolina Zoo cookie information and the page you requested. This information is so that we may provide you with the web page you've requested and so that we can gather information about the popularity of our site, who links to us and how people use our site in general.
The North Carolina Zoo may also use this information to inform you of new services, promotions or goods we offer. However, we don't send this to you without your prior permission.
Who We share Information With and Why
The North Carolina Zoo will not give, sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
The North Carolina Zoo will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of The North Carolina Zoo to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate The North Carolina Zoo Terms of Service.
In certain areas The North Carolina Zoo uses industry-standard encryption techniques to protect data transmissions.
The North Carolina Zoo may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.