BOO at the NC ZOO
$5 Zoo Members
Save the Date!
Saturday & Sunday – October 15 & 16 and October 22 & 23
Celebrate the excitement of the season with a weekend of safe daytime Halloween fun!
Cost: $5 Zoo Members, $8 Non-Members. Purchase Boo at the Zoo wristbands at both the North America and Africa entrances or Junction Plaza entertainment ticket booth. Boo at the NC Zoo is NOT included with general admission. Boo ticket sales will end at 2:00 p.m. each day of the event.
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Trick or treating on the pathways in Africa
10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. – African Amphitheatre open for games, entertainment and costume contest. There will be two costume contests this year with the first being at 12:00 p.m. and the second at 3:00 p.m.
There will be a parking lot shuttle to Africa for guests who purchase Boo wristbands in North America beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Costumes must be family friendly; No scary costumes or costumes that expose excessive portions of skin that may be viewed as inappropriate in a family environment
- For participants 13 and older costumes, masks, makeup or face paint cannot cover the face (small embellishments are ok)
- Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could be mistaken for an actual weapon
- Costumes must be safe to be worn throughout the Zoo (should not drag on the ground, contain sharp objects or material)
Costume Contest Groups: Amphitheatre – 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- 0 to 3 years
- 4 to 7 years
- 8 to 16 years
- Family or Group participants
All that wish to participate in the costume contest must purchase a Boo wristband. The wristband allows the participant to enjoy the following activities: trick or treating, games in amphitheatre, entry to the costume contest.