Zoo to You EDventures
The safety of our staff and guests is of upmost importance to the North Carolina Zoo and because of this, Zoo to You EDventures is currently unavailable due to the coronavirus. We have created a variety of resources specifically for you to use during COVID-19 and hopefully beyond.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Zoo EDventures (Facebook Lives) - These are live Wednesday at 10:00 a.m., and also available on our website and YouTube Channel. We add the new ones within a few days of them airing live. We are happy to give shout outs to groups that are viewing if we know in advance.
- Zoo Classroom - Book your private virtual program or watch past episodes on our website or YouTube.
- Additional video series - These were short videos designed for families at home but can also easily be applied to a classroom setting.
- Private Zoo Classrooms - $75 on Zoom. The private programs are scheduled at a time that works for your class and on a topic of your choosing from our list of programs.
- Videos on Demand – please contact email@example.com for more information and pricing
Zoo to you EDventures (offsite programming)
These programs can be adapted for either a classroom or assembly style program. They are designed to stimulate curiosity about animals and their habitats and encourage respect for the natural world. The North Carolina Zoo offers a variety of program topics, which are found below.
This education program is designed for groups of less than 30 students. Zoo To You EDventures cost $115 per program. We serve a 100 mile radius of the Zoo.
There is a minimum of four weeks for any Zoo to You programs and full payment is due at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program date.
|Target Grades||Program Description|
Each species of animal has a unique covering, whether it is fur, feathers, skin or shell. By examining these coverings, students see how adaptations such as color, pattern, size and skeletal features help animals survive in the wild.
FROM EGGS TO LEGS
This program answers the question: How does a caterpillar go from eggs to legs to wings? Students explore the amazing lifecycles of different animals including insects and amphibians and investigate the vast physical changes these animals go through in their journey of life.
Life without a backbone may sound weird to us but most of the animals in the world do it every day. Find out how these animals move, eat, and adapt to their environment.
Whether flying in the sky or hiding from the heat, plants and animals adapt to their environment in many ways. Learn about the creature features of some of the North Carolina Zoo's most famous residents.
Can you solve the mystery? Bones tell us many things about animals. Explore the bones and skulls of various animals to discover how they move, what they eat and how big they are. Learn why bones are valuable to scientific research.
Learn about some of the native animals found right here in North Carolina. We'll explore where to find their habitats and why they are important to the overall health of our environment.
The above programs can also be taught assembly style. We serve a 100 mile radius of the Zoo.
|Number of Participants||Cost per Program|
|40 - 99||$150|
|100 - 200 max||$200|