EDventures at the Zoo
The safety of our staff and guests is of upmost importance to the North Carolina Zoo and because of this, Zoo to You and EDventures at the Zoo are currently unavailable due to the coronavirus. We definitely know right now is a very trying time for teachers and parents so we have created a variety of resources specifically for you to use during COVID and hopefully beyond.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Zoo EDventures (Facebook Lives) - These are live every Monday and Wednesday at 10:00 am, but all of them to date are also available on our website and YouTube Channel. We add the new ones within a few days of them airing live. We are happy to give shout outs to groups that are viewing if we know in advance.
- Zoo Classroom - Watch past episodes on our website or YouTube.
- Additional video series - These were short videos designed for families at home but can also easily be applied to a classroom setting. We add to each of these series every other week.
- Untamed Science - These were done by professional filmographer, Rob Nelson, and are available on YouTube.
- Private Zoo Classrooms - $75 on either Zoom or Google Meet. The private programs are scheduled at a time that works for your class and on a topic of your choosing from our list of programs.
- Videos on Demand – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and pricing
Please continue to visit our website as additional offerings are currently in the works.
Looking for a wild experience for your students? The North Carolina Zoo offers a variety of engaging educational programs for school groups visiting the Zoo. These programs enrich student learning about animals, the need for healthy habitats, and the actions they can take to help protect and preserve Earth’s natural resources. We offer programs for both classes (30 or less people) and assembly size programs (up to 200 people).
Class Size EDventures at the Zoo
These programs last 30 - 45 minutes and cost $75 each. These programs are designed for a maximum of 30 students.
|Target Grades||Program Description|
|K-5||Gentle Giants of the Forest
Explore the Gorilla habitat and learn about the special features and social structure of these gentle giants, their unique adaptations and the role the North Carolina Zoo is taking in helping to protect these amazing animals.
|K-8||Kitera Explorations: A Wild Look at Chimpanzees
Come explore the Chimpanzee habitat and see the members of one of the largest chimpanzee troops of any United States zoo. Learn about chimpanzee behavior, how they communicate, and the current status of this remarkable species in the wild.
|K-12||Trekking Through a Tropical Forest
Learn about the importance of healthy tropical forest habitats and the bountiful resources they provide while visiting the Zoo's Forest Aviary. Make your way through the tropical forest of the Aviary and uncover animals like flamingos, poison dart frogs, and tropical birds
|K-12||Watani Wonders: All About Elephants and Rhinos
Elephants and rhinos are some of the most popular animals at the North Carolina Zoo. This program is given at the Watani Grasslands Reserve which is one of the largest habitats at the Zoo. Students will have the opportunity to see what makes African elephants and southern white rhinoceroses so remarkable.
|K-12||Our Rocky Coast
How can you tell if it’s a seal or sea lion? How do polar bears stay warm? Learn about the animals that call our Rocky Coast habitat home.
Assembly at the Zoo
Assembly at the Zoo programs are available for large groups. These are themed around animal adaptions and are 50-60 minutes in length. If weather permits, there are also live animal ambassador encounters.
|Number of Participants||Cost per Program|
|40 - 99||$115|
|100 - 200 max||$165|
To Schedule a Program
There is a minimum of four weeks notice for any Zoo to You programs and full payment is due at least two weeks prior to the scheduled program date.