Taking actions, even small ones, has great potential for protection of the Earth for animals and for people. The list of opportunities is practically unlimited, but a few very general guidelines will give you some direction:
- Take an honest look at the quantity of fuel, water and energy your household uses, and pick out one way to use a little less of any of these resources.
- Participate in a community clean-up project at least once each year.
- Support locally produced food products or plant a small garden to grow a little bit of your own food.
- As long as it is safe to do so, drink tap water.
- Support the Zoo or another conservation organization.
- Learn more about your favorite Zoo animal.
- Establish a Monarch Waystation to help this increasingly rare butterfly and other pollinators.
- Recycle everything you can.
- Volunteer at the Zoo.