Celebrate Halloween with us! This year's Boo will again be socially distanced, and re-imagined fun for everyone! We will be celebrating for two weekends, Saturday and Sunday only!
Dates: Oct. 16, 17, 23, 24
Wristbands for 'Trick or Treaters' for Boo at the Zoo may be purchased, only at the Zoo's Admission gates and at Junction plaza Ticket Booth, on the day of the event. Wristbands are $8 per person at the gate in addition to general admission. Members are $5 per person. Adults attending with children do not have to purchase a wristband. No advance reservations.
Boo at the NC Zoo is an outdoor, Covid-safe alternative for daytime Halloween celebration. Using CDC and DHHS safety protocols, guests will journey through the outdoor event on the Zoo’s pathways.
Families that pay for a Boo wristband will enjoy the following activities:
- Socially distanced trick-or-treating at stations along the pathways of Africa.
- Live music and animal encounters
- A souvenir Halloween themed photo and Boo at the NC Zoo reusable bag
- Pumpkin Palooza (animals with pumpkin enrichment)
- Spooky Treehouse trek admission (weather permitting)
- Seasonal photo ops and more!
How we're doing Boo safely:
- Candy will be put in children’s bags through “treat tubes and shoots” that keeps kids from putting their hands in buckets of candy. This will keep the volunteer and guests 6 feet apart.
- All activities will be family-friendly and will not involve screaming or other high-risk activities.
Gather up the entire family - all ages will enjoy this annual fall event at the Zoo. All activities are subject to change based on CDC and DNCR guidelines and recommendations.
Boo at the NC Zoo is a rain or shine event, so please be prepared for the weather the day of your visit.