Living With Nature Distance Learning Events
Living with Nature is our free distance learning event series available to schools and home school groups. Each event features a different topic and they will be broadcasted live. Students and teachers can submit questions during the event, for our experts to answer.
What do you need to know about the events?
- The series has been designed with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in mind for grades 6th -12th.
- Each event is at 10:00 a.m. (EST) and is 30-minutes in length. Participate live or watch the recording at a later date.
- There are pre- and post- activities related to each event available for teachers to use in their classes.
- You must preregister for the event.
- Animal Behavior & Biology - Wednesday March 2, 2022 10:00 a.m. (EST)
- International Conservation - Wednesday May 4, 2022 10:00 a.m. (EST)
We want these events to work for you and your class. They have been designed to be flexible and interactive. Here are some suggestions of how you can use them with your class(es).
- Participate in the live online event and/or watch the recorded event at a later date.
- Choose to only participate in some of the pre-/post-activities.
- Use the video library to supplement your class.
Many of the videos from our Untamed Science collection support our Living with Nature Series by giving you additional information on projects discussed or similarly related topics. These videos are all ~5-minutes in length. They can be used to broaden a lesson with the distance learning event or can be used separately on their own.
For questions or further information email SchoolPrograms@nczoo.org.
Videos for Past Events Available on the Event Page:
- Green Practices - November 17, 2021
- Regional Conservation - September 29, 2021
- Green Practices - April 28, 2021
- Regional Conservation - February 24, 2021
- International Conservation - November 18, 2020
- Animal Behavior and Biology - October 28, 2020
- International Wildlife Conservation - March 25, 2020
- Green Practices - February 12, 2020
- Animal Behavior & Biology - October 23, 2019
- North America Wildlife Conservation - September 18, 2019
- Green Practices at the North Carolina Zoo - January 23, 2019
- North Carolina Wildlife Conservation - February 27, 2019
- International Wildlife Conservation - March 26, 2019
- Animal Behavior & Biology - May 7, 2019