Living With Nature Distance Learning Events
Living with Nature is our free distance learning event series available to schools and home school groups. Each event has a different topic we will focus on (see below for the Spring 2019 topics) and they will be broadcasted live. Students and teachers will be able to submit questions during the event, which our experts will answer.
What do you need to know about the events?
- The series has been designed with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in mind for grades 6th -12th.
- Each event is 1-hour in length. You can participate live or watch the recording at a later date.
- We have pre- and post-activities available for teachers to use in their classes related to each event.
- You must preregister for the event.
The Spring 2019 events and dates are:
- Green Practices at the North Carolina Zoo - January 23, 2019 at 10:00 am (January 30th*)
- North Carolina Wildlife Conservation - February 27, 2019 at 10:00 am (March 5th*)
- International Wildlife Conservation - March 26, 2019 at 10:00 am (March 29th*)
- Animal Behavior & Biology - May 1, 2019 at 10:00 am (May 7th*)
*Because these events are live and we are "taking" you around the North Carolina Zoo with us instead of being in a studio, we also have weather dates planned. These dates will be used if the Zoo is closed for any reason (e.g., snow, hurricane).
Finally, we want these events to work for you and your class. They have been designed to be flexible and interactive. Here are some suggestions of how you can use them with your class(es).
- Participate in the live online event and/or watch the recorded event at a later date.
- Choose to only participate in some of the pre-/post-activities.
- Use the video library to supplement your class.
For questions or further information email SchoolPrograms@nczoo.org.