Living with Nature is our free distance learning event series available to schools and home school groups. Each event features a different topic and they will be broadcasted live. Students and teachers can submit questions during the event, for our experts to answer.
What do you need to know about the events?
- The series has been designed with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study in mind for grades 6th -12th.
- Each event is at 10:00 a.m. (EST) and is 30-minutes in length. Participate live or watch the recording at a later date.
- There are pre- and post- activities related to each event available for teachers to use in their classes.
- You must preregister for the event.
To Register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_qK-9f9WzSH6zq0CMP309Eg
We want these events to work for you and your class. They have been designed to be flexible and interactive. Here are some suggestions of how you can use them with your class(es).
- Participate in the live online event and/or watch the recorded event at a later date.
- Choose to only participate in some of the pre-/post-activities.
- Use the video library to supplement your class.
Many of the videos from our Untamed Science collection support our Living with Nature Series by giving you additional information on projects discussed or similarly related topics. These videos are all ~5-minutes in length. They can be used to broaden a lesson with the distance learning event or can be used separately on their own.
For questions or further information email SchoolPrograms@nczoo.org.