Registration Requirements and What to Bring
Zoo Snooze Registration Requirements
- Chaperone to youth ratio: Groups must have one (1) chaperone for every ten (10) youth. Groups may not have more than one (1) chaperone for every one (1) youth. Please note that chaperones and children are included in the minimum and maximum number for each program.
- Siblings and additional adults are not permitted at zoo snooze programs. If you have additional people who would like to visit the zoo with your group, they may meet you at zoo admissions, at 9 a.m. the following morning. They are required to pay regular admission fees. If you need accommodations for additional guests, please visit: www.visitrandolphcounty.com
- Once you have reserved a date for your program, a non-refundable deposit of $250 is due. You have two (2) weeks after registration to mail in your deposit. Checks should be made payable to: NC Zoo Society Education Fund, and sent to NC Zoo Education, 4401 Zoo Parkway, Asheboro NC 27205. Once your deposit is received, a confirmation will be sent to you via email. The program is not confirmed until deposit payment is received. Non-payment will be viewed as canceling the reservation, and the date will be opened to other groups.
- An exact number of participants (children and chaperones) and final payment are due four (4) weeks prior to the scheduled program. Please be advised that after this date numbers cannot be changed. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to our maximum number of participants. These numbers are set to ensure a quality experience for everyone.
- Zoo Snooze is an all weather adventure. In the event of severe weather, the Zoo reserves the right to cancel a program and reschedule your group. However, if this is not an option, a refund will be available. If you find it necessary to cancel your booking, payment is only refundable if the Zoo is able to fill the date with another group. Please note that the $250 deposit is non-refundable regardless.
- Zoo admission is a component of the Zoo Snooze program and is only valid the day following your Zoo Snooze. No rainchecks!
What to Bring to a Zoo Snooze
- Weather appropriate clothing (Be prepared for a change)—Zoo Snooze is an all weather adventure!!!
--Heavy coat, hat, gloves, if it’s cold
--Rain gear if it’s wet
--Sunscreen and hat if it’s hot, etc.
- Comfortable, closed-toe, walking shoes—NO FLIP-FLOPS
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Hand Towel & Washcloth—there are NO shower facilities available
- Toothpaste & Toothbrush
- Personal Items (toiletries, cosmetics, etc)
- Small Backpack or Waist Pack
- Snacks/ lunch for your day in the park (Coolers are not allowed in the park, but you can keep them in your car.)
The Following are prohibited on Zoo Snoozes:
- Flip-Flops and/or backless shoes
- Light-up shoes
- Electronics—portable televisions, laptops, radios, Ipods, mp3 players, video games, etc
The N.C. Zoo cannot be responsible for lost or misplaced items, or for items retrieved accidentally by other participants. Be sure to label ALL gear.
For more information or to register, contact the Zoo education office by phone (336) 879-7716, toll free 1-800-488-0444 ext. 7716 or Email