What You Can Do
Taking actions, even small ones, has great potential for protection of the Earth for animals and for people. The list of opportunities is practically unlimited, but a few very general guidelines will give you some direction:
- Take an honest look at the quantity of fuel, water and energy your household uses, and pick out one way to use a little less of any of these resources.
- Participate in a community clean-up project at least once each year.
- Support locally produced food products, or plant a small garden to grow a little bit of your own food.
- As long as it is safe to do so, drink tap water.
- Support the Zoo or another conservation organization.
- Learn more about your favorite Zoo animal.
- Recycle everything you can.
- Volunteer at the Zoo.
By taking actions to reduce consumption of natural resources, you make a very real difference for the health of our planet. If you want additional ideas, email the Zoo using this form, or give us a call at 1-800-488-0444.
"When we heal the earth, we heal ourselves." - David Orr